Chace Legal Limited is a property management legal services company. We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of information provided to us and the information about visitors to our website. Chace Legal Limited is the data controller of any personal information provided to us when we agree to provide services to you as described below in section 2.
- when you engage our services
- when you request information from us or provide information to us
- when you apply for a job or work placement with us
- when you use our website
- as a result of your relationship with one or more of our clients
3. Collection of Information
We collect personal information directly from you, from our clients or their counterparties and authorised representatives.
We may also collect personal information from other third parties such as, but not restricted too, your employer, government agencies, recruitment agencies, solicitors, other organisations with whom you have dealings, publicly available records, information or service providers and other professional advisers.
Your personal information may be collected in the our database when you register to receive updates, subscribe to our newsletter or we otherwise receive your contact details.
The type of personal information that we may collect includes current and historical information including your name and contact details (such as your address, email address and telephone numbers) and identifiers such as your organisation, employment history and positions held. We will also collect personal information you choose to provide to us and information about your other dealings with us and our clients, including contact we have with you in person, by telephone, letter, email or online.
We obtain personal information from your IP address and the operating system and web browser that you use to access our website.
4. How we use your information
We will only use your personal information if and to the extent that applicable law allows. We will therefore only process your personal information if:
- it is necessary for the performance of a contract with you or the organisation you work for;
- it is necessary in connection with a legal obligation;
- you have given your consent (where necessary) to such use or the organisation you work for has obtained your consent (where necessary) to share your information with us; or
- if we (or a third party) have a legitimate interest which is not overridden by your interests or your rights and freedoms. Such legitimate interests include the provision of legal services, running the Company’s business and marketing relevant services directly to you.
We may use your information to:
- operate our business and fulfill our contractual obligations
- maintain and develop our services and products to you
- fulfill our legal requirements and professional obligations
- provide and improve our services and products to you
- monitor and analyse our business
- identify services you may be interested in
- send you marketing and invite you to events
- process and respond to requests, enquiries or complaints received from you
- deliver legal services to you and/or the organisation you work for, if you are
We will only retain your personal information for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, including for the purposes of complying with any legal, regulatory, accounting or reporting requirements. Personal information processed in connection with our business acceptance processes and/or providing our services will be retained for no longer than fifteen years unless we agree otherwise, with you.
5. How and why do we share your personal information?
We may share your personal information with third parties where:
- you have consented for us to do so
- if is necessary for the purpose of, or in connection with or incidental to, legal proceedings or in order to exercise or defend legal rights
- we are under a legal, regulatory or professional obligation to do so
- it is relevant in the circumstances to disclose the information to our clients, your professional advisers, solicitors or other relevant party
We us a third party service provider for services such as website design and maintenance and for our IT requirements
We have in place reasonable security measures to protect personal information from unauthorised access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorised modification, unlawful destruction or accidental loss. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine need to know it.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our online services. Any transmission is at your own risk.
7. Third party sites
Our Websites contain links to other sites which are controlled by third parties.
Visitors should review these other sites’ privacy policies. We do not accept any responsibility for their use of your personal information.
8. Your rights
You have certain rights that you can exercise under certain circumstances in relation to the personal information that we hold. These rights are to:
- request access to your personal information (known as a subject access request) and request certain information in relation to its processing;
- request rectification of your personal information;
- request the erasure of your personal information;
- request that we restrict the processing of your personal information; and
- object to the processing of your personal information.
In the limited circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. Once the firm has received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact the Privacy Director in writing by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by letter to:
15a Hitchin Road
9. Further information
We hope that the firm’s Privacy Director can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your personal information. If you feel we have not handled your query or concern to your satisfaction you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues at ico.org.uk/concerns or telephone 0303 123 1113.